Friday, 29 August 2008

TW3: 23 - 30 August

A great week of weather had me working with waders once again. Two clients hired me to give them a crash course in flight photography and once I had worked out the best tides and the best lighting positions we set off at stupid o'clock to the West Mainland. My cunning plan (ok, gamble) paid off. Here we were greeted by hordes of Sanderlings, Turnstones, Purple Sandpiper and Dunlin which fed at our feet and thus we spent four hours nailing some lovely flight and feeding shots. If only we could have light like this every day! I might add that all the flight images were taken hand held, just showing the capabilities of working with the high-end Canon system. Note: Canon reps - that's a hint for a few grand off my order for your new 800mm 5.6 lens. I also managed to get some pleasing images of a party of 3 Black-tailed Godwits down at Virkie which were happily bathing right in front of my van.





























No comments: