Tuesday, 2 September 2008

TW3: 30 August - 6 September

Most of the week was office-based with brochure, photo and web-editing taking up a lot of my time. Lots of common migrants around Maywick and the rest of Shetland but nothing startling. Its often said that the best birds come to you and having stomped around most of the south Mainland hot spots for most of Tuesday morning I nipped by the Pool of Virkie. As I was confabbing a Wryneck flew past and landed right in front of me. For the next couple of hours the bird performed for the camera as it fed along the shoreline 0f the pool, often hopping within a few feet of me. A stunning bird. Equally as stunning was a Convolvulus Hawk Moth which is still a scarce migrant to these far and distant shores.



























No comments: