Saturday, 24 October 2009

Red-breasted Flycatcher Calls

Huge numbers of thrushes arrived over the last few days but birding, photography and sound-recording has been difficult in the rain and south-easterly gales! Jon Dunn sent me a text to say a Red-breasted Fly was at Swinning and was very vocal, so Saturday morning was spent recording and photographing the bird. Dave Winter called on Friday to say the Little Egret has resurfaced at Spiggie and I managed a few shots in the doom and gloom of ISO 1250 land. I guess this will be standard setting for the new and improved 1D Mark IV...

Red-breasted Flycatcher Calls 1:








Red-breasted Flycatcher Calls 2:


















2 comments:

Chris said...

Superb Hugh...
I carefully listen to the blackcap as this is a bird I've never seen but has been sighted in Iceland for the last two weeks. I hope I will get it!
You got nice shots and nice sound records here. I love your blog.

Hugh Harrop said...

Cheers and thanks for your kind comments Chris!