Sunday, 22 November 2009

Long-tailed Reflections

After a week of office work it was great to get out - a superb sunny day on Saturday, so headed to the harbours for some more reflection shots of Long-tailed Ducks. Not a bad day on Sunday so re-baited the swelling Snow Bunting flock first thing and moved some rocks in to the site for perches.









On the way back from the Snow Bunts this Grey Heron was an opportunity I could not turn down...













I also spent a fair bit of time trying to get some more usable images of the Rerwick Tundra Bean Goose for a future project. As is typical of flocks of geese at this time of year, they are incredibly timid and do not really allow close approach so here are a few more record shots









3 comments:

Alan Tilmouth said...

Long-tailed images are superb Hugh, I'd love one to pop into a harbour near me.

Chris said...

Hi Hugh,
These are gorgeous shots. I love the long-tailed ducks ones. I miss them so much!!

Hugh Harrop said...

Thanks Alan & Chris. They are addictive subjects for sure!