Thursday, 28 January 2010

Up Helly Aa and the 1D Mark IV...

The 2010 Lerwick Up Helly Aa viking festival was the first real opportunity I've had to put the 1D Mark IV through its paces and really test its high ISO capabilities. I spent most of the evening session working between 4000 and 6400 ISO which negated the need for flash and for once, allowed me to use the incredibly atmospheric light created by fire, flares and smoke. A1 servo auto focus, even in low light was exceptionally impressive and metering was incredibly accurate. Thus far its the most responsive camera I have ever used - I just need a sunny day and a quiet day in the office to get out and shoot some wildlife! More Up Helly Aa images are on the Shetland Wildlife web site - click here to view














2 comments:

Eagleseagles said...

Now I usedthe word atmospheric to refer to the Sanderling - before I saw these...now these are atmospheric - the birds setting is scenic!

Amazing - bet you are enjoying this new camera!

Corinna

Hugh Harrop said...

Indeed - the 1D Mark IV is certainly living up to its billing. I still think that birds are easier to photograph than people though!