Promote Shetland and Shetland Wildlife - sponsors of the 1st prize - are pleased to announce the 2010 Shetland Photographic Competition. The competition is open to resident and visiting amateur photographers. We are looking for unique and inspiring images that capture your imagination and record a moment in time.
We want you to capture breathtaking and original images which reflect and portray the outstanding wildlife Shetland has to offer. Subjects may include anything that is wild: birds, wild flowers, whales & dolphins, otters, seals etc etc. Please do not submit images of captive wildlife or livestock (sheep, ponies etc etc). Landscapes which portray wildlife in a natural setting (eg. Seabird colonies) are acceptable. Photographs must be taken in Shetland between 15 May and 30th October 2010. All entries will be judged by myself and the Promote Shetland team. The winner will be announced soon after the competition closes on 5 November 2010.
1st Prize - a superb 7-day photography holiday donated by Shetland Wildlife to be taken in June 2011 - worth over £1,000.00 !!!
2nd Prize – Full day otter watching experience in Shetland for 2 people, donated by Shetland Otters
3rd Prize - a signed copy of Simon King's new 'Shetland Nature Diaries' book
So cameras at the ready!
For further information click here or please contact Promote Shetland on 01595 98 98 98.
Terms & Conditions:-
1. The Shetland Photographic Competition is organised by Promote Shetland.
2. The competition is open to resident and visiting photographers.
3. Photographs must be taken in Shetland between 15 May and 30 October 2010.
4. Photos must be submitted in a digital format via our entry form.
5. Images should be no larger than 5MB and saved in JPEG format. Only minor manipulation is allowed and we may request to see the original file for any short listed entries we consider.
6. The limit is one photograph per entrant and it must be accompanied by a description, preferably as detailed as possible (up to100 words).
7. All entries must be the sole work of the photographer and the submitter of the photographs must be the copyright owner.
8. Entry into the competition will permit use of the photographs in Promote Shetland's online image gallery.